Victims of Human Trafficking
Information for Human Trafficking Victims
Orange Tree is committed to working with victims of human trafficking and complies with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) rule to assist those who are victims of human trafficking.
How to Request a Block of Information in Your Background Report
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires the following information from any person requesting a block of information on their background check.
1. Provide Proof of Identity
Proof of identity can be established in one of two ways:
- Consumer File Match - Provide your full name (first, middle, last, suffix), any previously used names, full social security number and/or date of birth.
- Additional Proof of Identity - Copies of government issued identification documents, utility bills, and/or other methods of your identity, which may include answering questions to which you may be expected to know the answer.
2. Provide Trafficking Documentation
You are required to provide an acceptable Victim Determination statement, which is a document that contains a determination of human trafficking, made by either:
- A Federal, State, or Tribal governmental entity.
- A non-governmental member of a human trafficking task force, including victim service providers affiliated with these entities and authorized by a Federal, State or Tribal government entity.
- A self-attestation by a consumer who identifies as a victim of human trafficking that is signed or certified by a Federal, State or Tribal government entity, court of competent jurisdiction, or an authorized representative of these entities.
3. Identify Items of Adverse Action
Provide the specific items of information in your consumer report that you believe should not be furnished by a consumer reporting agency because the items are a result of human trafficking.
Information May Be Sent to Us
Orange Tree Employment Screening LLC
Attn: Compliance - Trafficking
7275 Ohms Lane
Edina, MN 55439
By email: CandidateConnect@otes.com
Please provide your preferred method of communication with Orange Tree - an email address or a mailing address - where we will deliver our final determination.
If you do have questions regarding the process or to check on the status of your request, please contact our Applicant Assistance team at 888.222.0667 or CandidateConnect@otes.com during our business hours of 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST, Monday through Friday.
Information Blocking Process
Once we receive your information, Orange Tree will block the information within four days of your request. We will notify you within five days if we need any additional information in order to complete your request.
Orange Tree has 25 days to make a final determination on your request. You will be notified within five days of our final determination to either continue to block the information or to remove the block.